FAQs about export and Mameshiba Inu
|The longest-established kennel specializing in Mameshiba in Japan welcomes customers from all over the world.|
Do you ship overseas? How much does it cost?
|Yes, we do. Costs vary depending on export destination and season.|
|I will give you examples of costs actually experienced by our clients in various countries before Covid-19.|
|JPY 400,000 to Europe and England|
|JPY 130,000 to Thailand|
|JPY 120,000 to Hong Kong|
|JPY 100,000 to Taiwan|
|JPY 240,000 to Los Angels|
|I think it would be cheaper and more economical to make time to fly to Japan and then you can do some sightseeing.|
What are the costs other than the puppy and transportation?
|For example, in the case of a customer who recently came from Canada to pick up a dog in Japan,
it cost 20,000 yen to have the dog’s rabies and other injections and to prepare the necessary documents.
Also, he prepared a crate for transportation by himself.
How do I take a puppy abroad?
|Taking puppies abroad requires familiarity with the laws of each importing country.|
|Please be sure to research the laws of your country and prepare the necessary documents, etc., and explain them to us.|
|Here is an example of a typical import condition|
|(1) Prior permission (Permit)|
|(2) Microchip installation (ISO standard 15 digits)|
|(3) 8 vaccinations: at least twice|
|(4) Rabies vaccination 1 or 2 times (depending on the country)|
|(5) Veterinary medical examination documentation|
|This is the most common case so far. Otherwise, the following may be required.|
|(6) Serum test|
|(7) Proof of residency|
|(8) Export quarantine certificate|
|(9) Permission to keep a dog|
|(10)Detention after arrival in your country|
|I know I sound persistent, but to ensure the smooth importation of your puppy, and to avoid stressing him out, please make sure you research the entry requirements into your own country and let us know.|
What are the differences in Mameshiba Inu puppy prices?
|They are all healthy and cute, but the price will be determined by the owner on the bases of color, sex and the following minor differences as a whole.|
|Parents’ size and pedigree|
|Good color composition|
|Fur quality (coat texture, density of fur, softness of fur, different gradations of color that can go into a single strand of fur, etc.)|
|Ears (position, shape, size, thickness, etc.)|
|Shortness of muzzle|
|Overall balance of the forehead|
|Eyes (shape, position)|
|Meshing of teeth|
|Tail (shape, thickness, length, etc.)|
I would like a sesame-colored Mameshiba Inu…
There are sesame-colored Mameshiba Inu, but they are only sesame-colored from the entire back to the neck, and rarely do they have a sesame-colored head like the Shikoku Inu.
Many red (brown) puppies are also as dark as sesame when born. This is a remnant of the wolf.
And many sesame-colored puppies also become lighter and darker red as they grow older.
About 90% of puppies born with sesame-colored fur will be a dark red with a little sesame color on the back, and the remaining 10% will be sesame-colored from the entire back to the neck.
It is impossible to say with 100 percent certainty how the color will fade in the future, so please accept the loss of color in your pet as part of its personality and give them lots of love.
Why do I often hear that people buy a dog because they were told it was a Mameshiba Inu but it has grown to the size of a Shiba Inu?
|The Mameshiba Inu is a breed that was only officially recognized in 2008, and we are the only kennel in Japan that has been breeding only Mameshiba Inus for over 60 years since the 1960s.|
|Recently, the number of Mameshiba Inu breeders has been increasing here and there, but since individuals cannot be fixed in around 10 years, it seems that some Mameshiba Inu are purchased from other places and grow to be as big as Shiba Inus.|
The Mameshiba of the dog breed and the Mameshiba of the product name are different.
Don’t be fooled!
Move to another page
FAQs about exporting a Mameshiba Inu （current page）